The following Terms and Conditions of Service apply to all artwork, graphic design, print and services provided by DoElle Designs.
All design work is carried out by DoElle Designs on the understanding that the client has agreed to abide by DoElle Designs terms and conditions.
Copyright of all graphic design work is retained by DoElle Designs including copy, concepts, ideas, proofs and illustrations (unless specifically released in writing).
Copyright Usage: The “Client” may use the Book Cover Design as is, in any promotional capacity required, such as but not limited to bookmarks, banners, or posters.
- RIGHTS: The “Graphic Artist” hereby grant the “Client” the non-exclusive right to use the Book Cover Design. All rights to the original artwork remain with the “Graphic Artist” including but not limited to all poster, print and other display use rights.
The “Graphic Artist” hereby affirms that all artworks covered under this agreement are original and created by the “Graphic Artist”, that the “Graphic Artist” owns the rights granted under this agreement, and that the rights granted hereunder are not encumbered by any other agreement which would conflict with this agreement. The “Graphic Artist” indemnifies and holds harmless the “Client” from any fees or damages resulting from a finally sustained lawsuit brought against the use of The “Graphic Artist’s” artwork due to plagiarism.
2. REVISIONS: There are no revisions for Premade Covers UNLESS there is availability and the “Client” agrees to pay the hourly rate of $20 per/hour ($20 minimum) or $20 per change. Unlimited revisions are included in the cost of Custom Design and can be made during the preliminary comp design phase.
3. CANCELLATIONS: Cancellations only apply to Custom Designs. Upon cancellation all rights to the art revert to the “Graphic Artist” and all original art must be returned or destroyed, including sketches, comps, or other preliminary materials. Upon cancellation all fees will be returned to “Client” in full within 7(seven) business days.
4. CREDIT: The “Graphic Artist” will be credited on the back cover or inside the book as: Cover design by Danielle Doolittle | DoElle Designs | http://www.doelledesigns.com
5. BOOK COVER DESIGN SERVICE: The book cover design service includes the following:
- 1600px by 2400px web-ready resolution digital .JPG file and .PDF file of the Book Cover Design
- 3D cover mock-up
- Digital delivery of the included Book Design Cover file and additional sizes, if requested.
6. THIRD-PARTY IMAGE LICENSES: The “Client” agrees to abide to the terms of the license agreement for the image purchased by the “Graphic Artist” through stock photo sites for use in the ”Client’s” Book Cover Design. The third-party provider license terms can be found on their individual websites.
The “Client” may not extract the image from the Book Cover Design to use for other purposes. In order to use the image for other purposes the “Client” will need to purchase their own additional license for the image directly from Stock Photographer.
7. USE OF CLIENT’S BOOK COVER FOR PROMOTIONAL PURPOSES: The “Graphic Artist” will often include samples of Book Cover Designs they have done on their website and promotional materials. If the “Client” does not wish their cover to be used in this manner they may make a request via email to and their book cover will not be used in this manner.
8. This agreement is the entire agreement of all parties. No additional promises or conditions, written or oral, apply to this agreement that are not included herein.